Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sleeping on The Floor

Matt has been uncomfortable on our mattress for a long time. Between him tossing and turning and Amelia waking up at least twice a night, I have not been able to sleep well. I did have two weeks this summer where I slept very well and felt very rested - the Writer's Conference and at my brother's.

Amelia went with me to the conference, she did wake up twice a night then as well. My whole family was with me at my brother's house, so I was also woken up twice a night there. The biggest difference was Matt. He did not attend the conference with me, so no one tossed and turned in my bed all night. We slept on a futon mattress on the floor at my brother's, Matt slept well there.

With those two experiences in mind, I purchased a futon mattress. It arrived today, so I will know by tomorrow if it will work better for us than a regular bed. I'm hoping to have a platform bed soon to sleep on, but for now, we are on the floor. The kids think this is great fun. I will wait and see.

In other news: I finished the church newsletter today and I'm hoping to have it printed out tomorrow. It looks good. My laptop is dying, but I believe I have all my writing on my flash drive, except maybe for the most recent stuff. I really don't need one right now, but would like to have one for the conference next year.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey Juli! what writer's conference do you attend? -Kristina

Juli said...

I attend the Montrose Christian Writer's Conference, in PA. It's about 1 1/2 hours from here. I really enjoy it. They have many different ways of attending, from one day to the whole week with either commuting or staying! (Do you know how to have it emailed to me that I've got comments? I can't figure it out.)