Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Beginning of An Era

Today was Elizabeth's first day of Kindergarten. A first for the whole family. It is amazing how one day can change someone. Yesterday she was my little girl, today she's a Kindergartner and much bigger already. She walked in and set herself up like she had been attending school her whole life. Which doesn't surprise me, since she's been asking to go to school since she was 2!

She loved her first day and can't wait to go back tomorrow. It will be interesting for me to have to take her, with the other three in tow, by myself. Matt stayed home today to see her go and help clean the house.

It was a different day for us. Still very noisy, she's the quieter one. I think Sammy missed having her to play with him. But, with Matt home, I don't think it will hit him until tomorrow. Hope and Amelia didn't really seem to notice. I missed her, but was glad she had reached one of her goals. A bittersweet moment. She's getting so big and independent. I miss her as she was, but can't wait to see what she becomes.

No comments: