Thursday, October 1, 2009

20% and counting

Today I officially have lost 20% of my body weight since January, 30% since the day my youngest child was born! It feels very good to be able to move and fit into my old clothes again. I hope to finish loosing all the baby/post-marriage weight by Christmas, although it's getting tougher now that I've lost so much. It has been an effort.

With the two pounds a week weight loss I thought I would be doing, I should have been done long before now. It has been very hard to control my desires and cravings. I've had to make a conscious effort all day, every day to keep me going and not slip into just eating whatever, whenever. It has been very exhausting, but the longer I stick with it the easier it becomes. What once took lots of planning and calculating and avoidance of the kitchen, has now become almost second nature.

I love food and love to eat so much still. I will never be one of those people who don't have to think about what they eat. I'm hoping I won't have to be obsessive about it or have too think too much on it. I'm hoping it will become a natural part of my lifestyle, with a few slip ups that don't amount to much.

No comments: