Thursday, October 22, 2009

Garden Goodbye's

This afternoon I finished cleaning out all of my flower beds, getting them ready for the winter. Matt even pruned the crab apple tree for me. This is the first time I've actually cleaned them all out. In past years I was hit or miss. The ones I missed over the years made for easier Falls, but the Spring plantings required more work. Just because you don't clean your gardens out in the fall, doesn't mean you won't have to clean them out sometime, if you want them to remain a garden! It feels good to have one item checked off my list, at least for a few months. As a Mom I have the eternal to do list with jobs that continually need to be redone, even if I did them yesterday. I look forward to the endless mountains of dirty and unfolded clean laundry, stacks of macaroni art dishes, and Lego landmines.

No comments: