Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ladies' Night

I had a great night tonight. Took Elizabeth to see the Scarlet Cord performed by Ballet Magnificat. I try to bring culture to my children's lives, but it's difficult where we live. It was truly amazing to see. I was even moved to tears a couple of times. (If you know me that's very unusual.) Elizabeth loved it, she got to sit on the floor right up front and even got to dance with the Ballerinas when they asked the kids to go forward. My sister-in-law, her daughter, and another friend of ours went as well.

We dropped the girls off at our houses for the husbands to put them to bed. Yeah for great husbands! Then the three ladies went out to Applebee's for dessert and conversations. (We had gotten to the ballet early. My niece says to her Mom. "Mom, there's nothing to do. Did you bring me some toys?" Her mom replied, "Just sit and talk with Elizabeth, that's what ladies do."!)

It was a great night. My sister-in-law is amazing. I'm so in awe of the things she can do and her gift of mercy. Everyone likes her. They may not always agree with her, but I've never met anyone who could say anything bad about her, yet she doesn't compromise her beliefs. And she even likes me, prickles and all. Something I'm not used to.

Our friend is also wonderful. The things I learn from her. I admire her passion for studying the Bible and getting to know God, not just knowing about Him. Her fire is so bright. She is such an encouragement and I can talk to her for hours. She know so much and is great about helping me, in a kind and gentle way.

I am so blessed to have these wonderful ladies in my life. Women who I look up to and admire and often find myself hoping some of their good qualities will rub off on me (I'd like to be more tactful especially!). These amazing women are my friends, enjoy spending time with me, and actually learn from me as well. I'm just in awe of the wonderful women God has brought into my life.

1 comment:

goldengirl said...

I like this one a lot...

And, I like you despite your prickles and in fact, a bit because of them (:

Gwen