Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Organizing Thoughts!

I'm working on organizing my, as I call it, growing vine of thoughts. I had a great bible study tonight with Matt on the names of God. We discussed Elohim (elo-HEEM). I was able to talk about some of the thoughts that had been percolating about that, since we do a study in 2 weeks to meditate on it. Then a friend came over who had missed the Ladies retreat and wanted to see my notes. We had a wonderful visit. Talking with her helped me to settle some of the thoughts I had been having about prayer and other sundry things. Now that I've thought about these thoughts, talked with someone about them (it's amazing how even just verbalizing something can make or break it, not to mention the added benefit of someone to respond and point things out you didn't see!) and worked on writing some of my questions and thoughts down I'm pruning the vine to a more manageable size. I think I can now string a few complete, related thoughts together and have them make some kind of sense! Yeah! Unfortunately it is time for bed, so I will have to wait for tom. to see if I can be productive with all this thinking...

No comments: