Friday, August 7, 2009

The Sweetest Thing!

What a wonderful week I've had. It wasn't without it's 'difficulties' though - whiny kids, lack of sleep, miss communication, etc., etc. I have felt such peace this week, despite the 'difficulties.' I know where my story is going for the next 10,000 words. The house is relatively clean. I got to see Matt's sister and her family. My Grandmother is home from the hospital and relatively healthy. I weeded most of my garden's. Matt's car is fixed. Most of the tree is gone, the rest will be gone tom. I have a whole collection of Apologetics to listen to. Even Matt has had less stress this week. I feel wonderful.

Then I started to worry. Who wouldn't? In this Current Life things generally take a turn for the worse after a week like this. Which is very true. Just as I started to stress over what the next trouble would be I ended up with a sleep baby. My youngest was getting sleepy. Normally she's cranky when she gets sleepy. Tonight she just melted into my arms, put her head down, and fell to sleep. There is nothing sweeter than snuggling your baby to sleep and watching her sleep. She has no cares, no worries, no stress. She has complete faith and trust in me. That allows her to fall asleep in my arms and sleep deeply.

What a wonderful picture that is. I should be that way. Why don't I relax like that into God's arms? Knowing He will protect me and keep me safe. After all He tells me He has plans to prosper me and keep me from harm. To be more child like with God, that is my goal tonight. And to keep reading His Love Letter to Me, even if I don't understand it. It is like a soothing balm to my soul.

I can't wait to snuggle my baby again, The Sweetest Thing!

No comments: