Sunday, August 9, 2009

Packing and Camp

Matt always wonders why it takes me so long to pack when we go places. I think I've got him convinced that I actually pack for 5 people, all four kids and myself. It can be a daunting task, so I make a detailed list for each person a few days before. I'm usually not harried, so I'm thinking clearly. That also leaves me time to add or remove things. As of now I'm all packed up, except for morning items. We have a huge pile of stuff in our living room that will need to be packed into our car.

Tomorrow our Summer of Adventure continues. We'll be heading off to family camp at Camp BaYoCa for the week. The kids are excited to see friends they made last year, have swim lessons with Miss Bethany, and paint rocks. I'm still not sure if I like this whole idea.

Last year was our first year, and I was hugely pregnant with Amelia. Not a very comfortable time to go camping, even in a cabin. Being a very grouchy, hot, pregnant lady you don't make many friends. Hopefully this year will be better...

This year AIG (Answers In Genesis) will be there. I'm looking forward to learning lots of things and bugging them. The current story I'm working on involves their area of expertise. I plan on asking lots of questions and trying to make contacts for specific research I'm looking for.

But, we will be at camp, so no internet for the week. You'll have to sweat it out to see what happens. Until then, wish me luck!

No comments: