Sunday, August 30, 2009

The end of the Summer of Adventure!

The Summer of Adventures has ended! On to the start of the Fall Experiences!

We spend the "last" weekend of the summer visiting Matt's family. We had a great time. Thursday night we left home at 7pm to visit Matt's sister Hannah and her family in PA. Samuel, Hope,and Amelia slept most of the way down. Elizabeth has not fallen asleep in the car on long rides in a long time, this trip was no different. She talks a blue streak!

We quickly settled into Hannah's house that night. The next morning her oldest son, who is the same age as Samuel, was so excited and surprised at who had shown up in his room overnight! He and Samuel were very loud. We spent Friday and Saturday at their house, relaxing as much as one can with 7 kids around and enjoying our time with them.

It rained all day Friday, so we were all trapped inside. When we finally couldn't take the kids any longer Matt, Jamie, and myself ran off to Chick-Fil-A with 5 of the kids. Great food and a great play place! The other three we left at home to nap. I'd never been to Chick-Fil-A, although I had seen their cow advertisements.
Wish we had one closer to us. And I now know it's pronounced Chick fillet, and not Chick Fil Ah.

Saturday Matt's parents came down for our nephew's birthday. We knew it was time to head on out to our next destination, so left in the afternoon for NJ and a different kind of relaxation.

Matt's brother Adam works for a minor league baseball team. He got tickets for Matt, Elizabeth, and Samuel. The kids went to their first professional baseball game. Matt and I both enjoy baseball, although one of us more than the other. We wanted to introduce our kids to the National Past time. This was the perfect opportunity. They had a ton of fun at the game and seeing Uncle Adam at his work and eating funnel cake.

The younger girls and I stayed home with Aunt Becky at their one bedroom apartment! It was very relaxing and I love their apartment. I'm going to need Becky to come to my house and do some color coordinating for me, she does a great job.

Matt and the kids returned home without Adam, who stayed for the second game of a doubleheader. Managed to get all the kids to bed at a reasonable hour and then spent 30 min. trying to decide where to order pizza from. I wanted NY pizza, so we went with a pizza place around the corner. Matt had never eaten NY style pizza, so I hoped the pizza was good. I was not disappointed. It was better than Papa John's! I won't be able to eat pizza from here for awhile, I'll be too disappointed.

Got up this morning, Adam made the kids breakfast and then took Samuel and I to a bakery to pick up breakfast for the adults. Yummy! I would be very fat and very broke if I lived where they do! So many good restaurants within walking distance and reasonable driving distance.

The kids, Matt, and Adam played Wii, then we headed over to a local park to play and have lunch. Adam had another game that afternoon, so we said our good byes and headed home.

Now it's on to the Fall Experience. Elizabeth starts school this week and Samuel starts school next week. MOPs starts up in a few more weeks and swim lessons and piano lessons! Here I thought things would slow down a little bit. I'm going to need a personal assistant just to keep our schedules organized! It will be fun though.

No comments: