Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elizabethisms!

My children are full of amusing sayings.

We visited my brother and his family in April. When traveling out of NY we normally travel south. This trip would be my children's first time to travel East. My daughter Elizabeth was excited to travel to two new states - NH and MA. The closer we drew to MA, the more excited Elizabeth became. We had our road atlas out, I was teaching her how to read a map. Her finger slowly traced our route into MA. I saw the Welcome to MA sign ahead of us. I told Elizabeth we had passed into MA. Excitedly she looked around and then frowned, "It looks just like New York!" She could not explain what she thought MA would look like, but she was very disappointed when MA did not live up to her expectations!

My favorite Elizabethism:

I was driving home with her one beautiful summer night. She was about 21 months old and Sammy was about a month. The sky was clear and she was watching the stars. Through the window we could hear crickets singing. Elizabeth piped up from her seat "Mommy, the stars are singing!"

No comments: