Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beaver Dam and Potty Training

Our first full day at Levi and Heather's. My mother convinced us to go on a "walk" today at Beaver Dam. A race was just finishing up, so there was a lot people there. We walked through their gardens and then headed off down a trail. Very beautiful place to hike, but way too many mosquitoes! With the cooler weather we haven't been bothered by them much, so we never thought to bring repellent.

We continue to work with Hope on potty training. She did some backsliding last week at Grandma's house. We should be able to get her back on track quickly. It's been so much easier potty training her than Elizabeth. I used to read everything I could on how to potty train. It seemed to be going well, at first. Elizabeth loved to use her potty, but soon wearied of having to use it so often. It was a struggle to find incentive for her to continue. One article I read suggested letting your children run around without any pants, underwear, or diapers on. The theory was, children need to go in something, so wouldn't go if they weren't wearing anything...I tried it, for about 2 hours. Until Elizabeth came to tell me that someone had pooped on the floor. She didn't believe me when I told her it was her. She insisted it was Sammy, who was only a few months old at the time. Now I go with my own plan, which seemed to work well for Sammy and now Hope.

No comments: