Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not so Many Hats Week

My creativity has abandoned me this week, as have the majority of my Hats. This week I have worn only 2 hats, though I attempted to wear many others. This week I have been "Mommy" and "Nurse". All my children were sick this week, a first I never hope to repeat.

I have bemoaned, in the past, when each child fell sick at different times. "If only they were all sick at the same time, I could get through this much faster." After THIS week, I've changed my tune. Trying to track all the medications given, to whom, when, and how much, and who was nebulized has been a challenge. I am a registered nurse, you'd think I would do better at this. I finally broke down and started charting, yes charting, on my own children. (Although, I never wrote progress notes nor set up a care plan for them.)

The upside, I spent a week at home with all my children. No one wanted to see or be around hacking children. While I'm starting to feel a bit trapped, I've enjoyed spending the time playing and caring for my children.

I am looking forward to getting out of the house later this week for work...taking care of sick people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking care of the kids. I'm so glad you are a nurse. I love you honey.

Kayli said...

I feel so bad that they were all sick at the same time. But i don't think you're crazy for charting your own kids, i think it's smart. i feel like i have to do it w/ analiese right now i feel so crazy like i can't keep track! hope you're on the upside of it all.