Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Me Monday

I know I already blogged today, but couldn't resists posting this. (I really need to get Kristina to come over and have her show me how to add all the stuff she does. I'm bribing you with the new nutella shortbread recipe I have!)



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not pretend to be asleep while my husband changed a very messy, screaming baby.

I did not tell my 2 yo that her hand would freeze and fall off if she didn't wear her mittens.

I did not tell my 6 yo that the tooth fairy recycles her teeth. (She doesn't believe in Santa, but does believe in the tooth fairy!)

I did not leave the upstairs gate open and find that the baby had climbed down to the landing and was heading down the rest of the stairs.

I did not become flustered at Calling Hours and forget where I was and whisper "Congratulations!" to one of the deceased's family members.

I did not laugh during said funeral, with my sister, when we realized the funeral service was written out in the back of the hymnal and that the pastor had gone out of order.

I did not pick up two of the same item in the store so that the girls each had one to carry.

3 comments:

Kayli said...

haha. oh my. i'm sure that kathy jo understood your flusteredness (yup i just made up that word). & oh how i wish i had been sitting with you & cat during the funeral.

Kristina said...

ok, I am in hysterics now. First, the comment about feigning sleep while Matt changes a dirty diaper and then "Congratulations" at a funeral. This totally sounds like something I would do! Great "not me" Monday post! and feel free to email me, I will help you out with all the "fun stuff" anytime you want!

Juli said...

Kayli - You missed a good time, but next time I'm not sitting so close to the front!

Kristina - Thanks! I'm slowly catching on to the fun things. I just peruse your blog a lot to check it out!