Wednesday, May 12, 2010

20 Weeks to a Book

Maeve Binchy's "The Maeve Binchy Writers' Club" takes you through 20 weeks of lessons that once were presented at the National College of Ireland in Dublin. I picked up a copy of this book while at Borders, hoping for motivation to complete the book I started more than a year ago. It continues to haunt my dreams and many of my waking hours. Maybe if I actually finish it, I can have my thoughts to myself again.

Here we are at week 1: "Getting Started" - This week Ms. Binchy discusses making a plan and being disciplined to stick with it for the next 20 weeks. She also offers advice on organizing your space, or lack there of in my case. She recommends writing 5 hours each week. I'm going to do this, for at least the next 20 weeks. I'm off to a good start, I wrote for about an hour last night. I've also decided to include another goal. I need to have 30 pages edited to send out for a professional critique, to be mailed by the beginning of June.

Check back next week to find out the next step to writing a book in 20 weeks and my progress on the book I'm currently writing.

No comments: