Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Today?

It is vacuuming day here at my house. Not just the quick run through, but a thorough cleaning complete with doing the edges and moving easily movable objects. As I finished vacuuming my bedroom it happened. The vacuum broke. It was already party broken. I had changed the brush belt and could not get the lid to stay on. Apparently the holes in the plastic lid where the screws went lost its thread so the screws could not be replaced. I've been holding it together with rubber bands. Some how the lid slipped and part of it came up. I can't get the other half to come off now. It's over 8 years old, so it's time to go. Until I buy one, I get to look at the crumb strewn downstairs and hope no one stops by unexpectedly!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, this is no fun! I hope you are able to get it fixed soon...funny how you never miss something until you don't have it!

Kayli said...

Oh man, that stinks Jules. I hate vacuum cleaners I really do, they don't seem to last long.
We will be home Sunday night! Permanently!

Juli said...

My husband asked if I could fix the vacuum, but I'm afraid it's beyond my abilities. He seems a little disappointed that his Mrs. Fixit wife can't fix something.