Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dump Day

My brain started out working fine this morning. But, round about 9:30am it gave up and left for a quieter corner of the world. As I sat, trying to coax it back, my three younger children - Little Dude, Mini-Me, and Surprise! - were playing happily. I finally decided dragged my brainless body out of the chair to fold the laundry that was dry, and wandered into...


...The Dump Zone.


Every now and then, a secret message will be sent to my children, from parties unknown. Sometimes this message comes three days in a row, sometimes there are weeks between them. What are these messages? I'm not sure exactly what they say. I think they basically say, "It's Dump Day, you know what to do."

Dump Day starts out innocently enough, a few toys here, some over there. It quickly escalates into full dump mode. Bins, boxes, shelves, and often the Tupperware cupboards, are dumped. It's easy to do, take a bin full of toys, turn upside down, and you've just started Dump Day. (or, If you're Surprise! and you aren't capable enough to dump all at once, stand there, grab a toy, and chuck as hard as you can. Don't forget to giggle.) The toys can be dumped right next to the place they are kept, in a pile in the middle of the room and covered with a blanket ("We're making a robot, Mommy."), or for more fun, scattered through out the house in a blanket of toys.

So, keep a close eye on your children today. The message has gone out. You've now entered, The Dump Zone.

3 comments:

Kayli said...

hehehe, oh man i love your kids.
i thought MOPS was the 1st & 3rd, oops. I'm not sure if we'll be able to come for lunch, it depends on dad cause we leave thursday to go back to virginia.

Kayli said...

I gave you another award on my blog! Hope you find time to post about each of them!

Juli said...

MOPS is the 1st and 3rd, but this week's the 4th week of Feb. You'll have to be back next week to go...Thanks for the awards. I'm trying to do them, but can't seem to get the urls to transfer to my page...