Sunday, November 22, 2009

All or None

I've found myself frustrated time and time again while trying to loose weight. Generally it's not what I eat, but how much I eat. I like to eat and I like to eat a lot. I have a very hard time telling myself to stop eating something that taste good. I've been given 2 pieces of advice that I've learned can never apply to me.

First - You only need to take one bite, because only the first bite taste good. The rest are not so good. I tried, but found the rest of the bites taste just as good as the first, sometimes even more so! I've given up on this one.

Second - You only need to take a little bit, don't deny yourself. Once I start, it's difficult to stop. It is easier for me to fast all day than it is to control how much I eat. While I have gotten better at controlling what I've planned on eating for the day, if something unexpected pops up or I decide I'll treat myself just a little, I fall apart. I just have to say to it completely.

I'm going to just ignore these pieces of advice, since they don't seem to apply to me, and continue to deny myself and try to plan ahead!

No comments: