Thursday, June 17, 2010

20 Weeks to A Book - Week 5

This weeks reading was very informative, but I'm not sure if it applies to me. In week 5 Maeve speaks of Agents. She is very clear on the fact that one is needed. Basically she says that agents are more likely to be heard by a publisher and is in your corner. Two very important things. They also know the markets and what sells. They are good resources and can be very encouraging. Searching for an agent? Maeve suggest doing your homework when it comes to choosing agents to contact. Like publishers, not all agents accept all types of work. Check out this website: www.aaronline.org for a list of recommended agents.

I've officially completed the bare bones of my book. Now to fill in the details. I've rewritten the first 20 pages. I will be sending those off to be critiqued for the writer's conference. I will continue to rewrite and edit during the next few weeks. Maybe I'll have a complete book by the end of these 20 weeks!

No comments: